2019-09-28

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

Yes, where have I been? I don't even know where to start with this one really.
From the beginning, eh? Alright, it all began in June 2017, my mother got diagnosed with lung cancer
Everything went relatively smooth all the way to the early months of 2018. The tumor went
into slumber and my mother was well for a while. My mother being my mother, however, refused
to change her lifestyle and her health began to decline. 

Out of me and my two brothers I were the only one that really cared for our mother during this ordeal, and 
for the most part of 2018, I cared for her 24/7 and there wasn't time for anything but her.
She also refused outside care, which lead to my own health also declining, but I couldn't just stop, eh?

In January my mother did finally pass away, and I had to handle the aftermath of it (I had some help from my girlfriend, but my two brothers wouldn't lift a finger). 

I had to take care of the funeral, the cremation, heaps of paperwork. The worst part of all that was probably to clean out her apartment and basement. She were a bit of a collector. I and the girl had to go through
about 280 boxes, ~75 plastic garbage bags. Sort all of it in 'throw', 'sell', 'keep' piles. It would probably had
gone quicker if it wasn't for the two brothers that barley took their time. You see, all her things were to be
divided between the three of us. So before I could throw or sell anything I had to wait on their decisions.

Anyhow, it's pretty much 98% all done now, now I... we, we need to catch up on life again.
I had to quit my job in 2018 and it ain't easy to find a new one over here. And of course, there's other
things that need to come first, but hopefully I can get into modding again. I kinda plan to mod for
other games and such and not just for HS though.

So yeah, that about sums it up and that's all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss. I'm thankful that you're okay, and I pray that you can get through this with anyone else who it did. Welcome back!